Please read carefully the following Terms and Conditions. They apply to the Website (as defined below), which are owned and operated by members of Geeweez International Trading Limited. By accessing any of the Website, you are agreeing to abide and be bound by such Terms and Conditions.
No charge is made for your use of the Websites (unless otherwise stated), although you should be aware that telephone call charges, at rates determined by your telephone operator, may apply (including WAP over GPRS or other telephony charges).
- Acceptable User Policy
- Cancellation Rights
- E-mail Policy
- Software and Security
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
- Advertising and Sponsorship
- Competitions, Contests and other Chargeable Content
- Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
- Children’s Privacy
In these Terms and Conditions the following terms shall have the meanings set out below:
“Eastern Standard Time” means the time used on the east coast of North America, which is five hours behind Greenwich Mean Time, GMT;
“Electronic Device” means a computer, mobile phone, WAP phone, personal digital assistant, or other electronic device capable of accessing the Websites;
“Force majeure” means no party to this agreement shall be held in any way responsible for any failure to fulfill its obligations under this Agreement if such failure has been caused (directly or indirectly) by circumstances beyond the control of the defaulting party. This shall include accident or equipment failure, war, riot, industrial action or act of terrorism, act of God or nature.
“Material” means any content, lisitngs, photographs or any other information submitted by whatever means for publication on this website.
“Micro Site” means any page on a Website;
“Subscription period” means the allotment of consecutive listing months purchased by the consumer which is bundled by Geeweez and which Geeweez is obliged to supply in accordance with these terms and conditions.
“Taxes” means any taxes applicable to the sale of goods or services under Jamaican law, including General Consumption tax, GCT of the applicable rate which for the time being shall be sixteen and a half percent (16.5%)
“Trademarks” means any of the registered or unregistered trademarks, logos, designations owned by Geeweez, any associated word or device marks and combinations of the same, and any other trademarks as maybe added to this list from time to time.
“Website” means www.geeweez.com, and any other site, web address owned or operated by a member of Geeweez as may link to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You agree to abide by all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct and ensure that any content uploaded or distributed or stored by you does not infringe the rights of others.
All material on the Website and any material sent to you by e-mail or any other form from the Website or in any way relating to the Website belongs to our licensors or us. You may retrieve and display content from the Website on the Electronic Device on which you first accessed it or downloaded it, print a single copy of individual pages on paper and store such pages for caching purposes only, all for your personal and non-commercial use alone.
We, or our licensors, own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights associated with the content, save where otherwise stated.
You may not do any of the following without prior written permission from us:
- reproduce the content (other than allowed under this Acceptable Use Policy), or modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the content;
- You acknowledge that we own the Trade Marks and that you may not use any of them without our prior written permission. Other product and company names and logos mentioned or displayed in the Websites may be the trade marks, service marks or trading names of third parties. To check whether any product or service is a registered trade mark of ours please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In accessing the Website, you agree not to:
- make available or upload files that contain software or other material, data or information not owned or licensed to you or collect information about others (e.g. names/addresses) without their prior consent;
- damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Website or do anything which may interrupt or impair their functionality;
- publish, post, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or other unlawful or objectionable material or information;
- threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- make available, upload or distribute by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, “trojan horses”, “worms” or any other harmful software;
- falsify the true ownership of software or other material or information contained in files made available via the Website;
- obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to the Website, other services or computer systems or areas of our or any of our partners’ networks;
- set up links from any website controlled by you to any Micro Site, except to the home page of a particular Website, without our express written permission. We retain the absolute right to prevent you from accessing the Website, without prejudice to any of our accrued rights, where we in our reasonable discretion consider that you are contravening our Acceptable Use Policy or any other term or condition of these Terms and Conditions, and we have informed you of your contravention or breach.
Our website will require that you register in order to use them; you are obliged to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to update and maintain any changes to that information (including your e-mail address and all relevant contact details) by altering your details as appropriate.
Registration is for a single user and/or business and/or event promotor only. On registration, where required you must choose a user name and password. We do not allow any of the following:
- any other person sharing your user name and password or other access feature;
- access through a single user name and password or other access feature being made available to multiple users on a network.
We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions made using your user name or password.
After you have registered to use our Website (or a Micro Site), you will be obliged to click on an icon indicating that you have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions. You will not be allowed to complete registration unless you indicate your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions that may apply.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of the Website is not contrary to the laws of your country of residence.
However for the avoidance of all doubt this agreement is governed by the laws of Jamaica.
The nature of the goods/services offered by Geeweez under this agreement is such that cancellation will only be allowed in the strictest circumstances as outlined below. In any other case where Geeweez has already supplied the listings there shall be no cancellation or refund due to the nature of the good and for those purposes Geeweez will invoke the provisions of S.28 (2)(e)(iii) of the Electronic Transaction Act. http://moj.gov.jm/laws/electronic-transactions-act
However in the event that the seller wishes to cancel his subscription in relation to such substantially unused portion of the subscription which remains outstanding then they will be entitled to a refund on the following terms:.
- You will be required to notify Geeweez by email at email@example.com or by completing the refund request form on the Geeweez website;
- You will be required to verify your sign-in information;
- Geeweez will forward your request to internal accounts department within 72 hours of receipt of your request;
- Geeweez will not be responsible for the rate at which your request is processed by the internal accounts department or your own issuing bank;
- You will not be entitled to any cash refund from Geeweez, but your card or whatever electronic method used or is easier will be credited with the approved amount.
- Your cancellation rights in respect to any goods or services offered by a third party will be subject to the terms and conditions of that third party and not Geeweez.
The subscription fee of an account is set out on the page which outlines ‘How Geeweez Works’ and you may take out a subscription based on the frequency selected by you at the applicable rates.
Where any goods or services offered via the Website requires payment:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your Electronic Device has the necessary technical specification to receive or use any content purchased from the Website.
- All amounts payable must be paid in full in American dollars, (unless otherwise indicated) without any deductions or set offs
- In the unlikely event that any payment is not verified and approved, is rejected or refused or you default in payment, your service will be immediately suspended.
- You must be the bill payer of the particular method of payment that you use to pay for any service, or alternatively you must obtain prior permission from the bill payer before purchasing. You are also responsible for any charges incurred by a mobile phone network operator, provider or internet operator. These charges are not in addition to the price of this service. Those additional charges are outside Geeweez control, and therefore we will not be responsible for refunding them to you.
If an item sells then Geeweez will charge a final value fee which is 10% off the total transaction cost which also includes the postage and packaging cost.
Our fees and Credit Policies, are incorporated herein by reference. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in United States Dollars. You are responsible for paying all applicable Taxes and for all hardware, software, service and other costs you incur to buy, procure a listing from us or access our servers. We may in our sole discretion add, delete or change some or all of our services at any time.
We reserve the right to take such action as we in our sole discretion deem fit in respect of any electronic mail (“e-mail”) which contains threatening, abusive, malicious, pornographic, obscene, defamatory or otherwise illegal or inappropriate material. We will not disclose any personal information under any circumstances of any of our staff.
If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about other products or services. You also have the option to opt out of this service and request that your personnel data be removed.
In no event shall we or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of, or in connection with this agreement
You shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your listing, purchase and sale of items.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and any of our officers, employees and agents harmless from and against all and any expenses, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened, in each case arising from your use of, or conduct on, the Websites and/or a breach of the Acceptable Use Policy and/or any of these Terms and Conditions.
SOFTWARE AND SECURITY
We are not responsible for any technical or other issues that may arise if you download software from an external third party website (e.g. Acrobat Reader) or upgrade your browser software to enhance your usage of the Websites.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to make changes to any part of the Website. Due to our policy of updating and improving the Website, it may therefore be necessary to change these Terms and Conditions. If we do change the terms of these Terms and Conditions, we will update the date at the top of this page. If you use any of the Website after we have published such changes, you will be agreeing to be bound by those changes. If you do not agree to be bound by them, you should not use the Website.
ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP
The Website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Website complies with applicable laws, codes and regulations. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any responsibility for any error or inaccuracy appearing in any advertising or sponsorship material.
COMPETITIONS, PRIZE DRAW, AND CHARGEABLE CONTENT
We may from time to time run competitions, free prize draws which may or may not be available to website subscribers, draws and/or other promotions on the Website and may offer content, the access to and use of which, incurs a charge. These will be subject to additional terms and conditions that will be made known to you at the relevant time.
We may terminate the provision of any of the Website or restrict your access to them without any prior notice to you where (by way of example and without limitation):
- there is a regulatory or statutory change limiting our ability to provide a Website;
- any event beyond our reasonable control prevents us from continuing to provide a Website (for example, without limitation, technical difficulties, capacity problems and communications failures); or force majeure
- we consider in our reasonable discretion that you are abusing the services provided by a Website or are otherwise acting in breach of these Terms and Conditions and we have notified you of the abuse or breach.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site [LINK]. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. [Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.] In providing the the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
Your dealings with any third parties, in particular advertisers and/or merchants and buyers, via the Website, and any terms or conditions agreed with, or representations given by, such third parties, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that we are not liable for such dealings, and that you will be liable for any costs or damages that we incur, as set out in clause 9 above in relation to such dealings.
CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Jamaican law and you irrevocably agree that the courts of Jamaica shall (subject to the paragraph below) have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with, these Terms and Conditions. We shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in any court or courts including, if appropriate, in the courts of your country of residence or, where these Terms and Conditions are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, the country of your principal place of business.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions without our written agreement, which will not be refused without good reason. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction the validity of the remaining terms will be unaffected. If either party does not exercise any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions, this will not be taken to mean that they have been waived.
If you have any queries concerning any part of these Terms and Conditions please contact us:
- by email, using the address below for the Website to which your query relates: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit our Website, we may send you a cookie. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer’s hard disc for record keeping purposes and we may use them to do a number of things:
Cookies may be used to compile anonymous statistics related to the take up or use of services, or to patterns of browsing. A third party collects such data on our behalf to measure the performance of the Website. Information collected is aggregated for reporting purposes. No personally identifiable information is collected by this service. The use of this service assists us in measuring and improving the structure and ease of use of our Websites. You are not obliged to accept cookies and may modify your browser’s preferences so that it will not accept cookies. If you do so, certain services on the Websites may not be available to you.
Cookies are also used for user authentication for accessing our e Commerce service.
The safety of children is very important to us. Whilst we will make every reasonable effort to ensure that children’s privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s Internet usage and we will not be liable for any fees, charges or other cost incurred by the unauthorized or unlawful act of a child in relation to these websites.
We take every precaution to protect your personal information. When we ask you to submit financial information, such as your credit card number, we use industry standard technology for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts data, including your credit card number. Most banks or credit card providers either cover all charges resulting from unauthorised use of your credit card or limit your liability to a maximum amount. Refer to your credit card agreement to check your coverage for liability. You are also advised to check your coverage for liability for unauthorised use of other cards such as debit cards.
In addition, we have strict security protocols in place to protect our customer database, and only allow access to it when absolutely necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of such details.
What Else you Should Know about Privacy
Remember to logout of your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to, your own computer. Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your usernames and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet. Our Website may contain links to other websites, and you should be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices on other websites or any damage sustained if you choose to navigate those other websites.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN WE ADVISE THAT YOU NOT TO USE OUR WESBITE